Design Engineer job in Wolverhampton
£48000.00 Per Annum
A leading Aerospace Actuation Systems company is currently seeking to recruit a Design Engineer to support new business wins. The Design Engineer will provide conceptual design support and maintain and develop the design integrity of actuation products within a multi-disciplinary Engineering team.
* Play a major role in winning new business through the definition of technically discriminating and innovative products.
* Provide design support at all stages of the design process from initial requirements capture and proposal preparation, through detail design to manufacture and qualification.
* Generation of design concepts and configurations of a wide range of actuation systems which may consist of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical or mechanical elements i.e. hydraulic actuators, hydraulic valve blocks, gearboxes, ballscrew actuators etc.
* Design support at all stages of the design process from initial requirements capture and proposal preparation, through detail design to manufacture and qualification within a multi-disciplinary engineering team, including but not limited to: -
* Ensuring adherence to the design process whilst meeting timescale requirements.
* Developing optimised product designs in terms of cost, weight and robustness by challenging existing designs and offering new ideas.
* Liaising with customers and suppliers to resolve design issues and presenting design reviews.
* Ensuring correct installation between products within a GAS supplied system and interfacing equipment.
* Producing tolerance analysis and manufacturing drawings.
* Ensuring the product design is complete in terms of addressing all robustness and in-service requirements as well as customer and regulatory authority requirements
* Being involved in problem solving activities throughout the manufacturing, qualification and in service phases of a project.
To succeed in this role you will:
* Have a strong engineering background with knowledge of machine design, electro- hydraulic and/or electro-mechanical equipment product configurations.
* Able to demonstrate a track record of front end design engineering application.
* Degree or engineering equivalent (preferably Mechanical Engineering).
Network Group Holdings is an Equal Opportunities Employer